Who we are
Children Under 13:
The Ericka James Show cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you’re under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Information Collected Through Our Services:
The information we gather through our Services falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, purchase magazine subscriptions or initiate other transactions, participate in promotions or surveys, submit comments or questions or otherwise communicate with us or others through the Services, and (2) information collected automatically as you use our Services, including without limitation, information that may be collected through our mobile applications while they are in use or running in the background of your device.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information:
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, email address, username and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive. We may also ask for information about your age, gender, hobbies, interests, preferences (such as your favorite foods, purchases or recipes) and the like, but you’re free to register for most of our Services without providing this additional information. When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized The Convergence Center LLC database so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well. In addition, when you use various aspects of our Services, we may ask you for personally identifying information, including when you order magazines or other products, complete a survey, enter a contest, or report a problem with our Services. We may also collect contact information for other individuals when you use the sharing and referral tools available within some of our Services to forward content or offers to your friends and associates. We use this information to facilitate the communications that you request. Please note that if you use any “send-to-a-friend” features of our Services, your email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Contests and Other Promotions:
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services:
The Ericka James Show may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
● Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
● Information about your interactions with our content, including video or audio content, such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
● Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
● The site you visited before visiting a The Convergence Center LLC website and the site you visited after visiting a The Convergence Center LLC website;
● Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
● Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
● Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
● Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
● Standard server log information; and
● Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Personalization and Tracking Technologies:
Like most website and mobile application operators, we, our service providers or other third parties acting on our behalf or with our permission, use embedded scripts, “cookies,” web beacons, device identifiers and other tracking technologies to operate, analyze, improve and protect the security of our Services and tailor content and advertising to user interests. Third-party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Services and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of advertisements you see on our Services and other websites also may use tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our Services.
Cookies are small amounts of data (often containing a unique identifier) that are stored in separate files within your computer or device’s Internet browser. Cookies are assessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on our services, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with third parties.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience when using our Services and to make them more valuable to you. Because our Services are supported by advertising, we also use the information we collect to help us and advertisers efficiently reach consumers who are most likely to be interested in particular products and services. We only use payment and identity verification information as necessary to complete a particular transaction, provide a requested service, enforce legal rights or comply with applicable law.
In addition, we and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we or they have collected about you to:
● Customize the content you see when you use our Services and other services as you navigate online;
● Analyze, operate and improve our Services, and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you an email and electronic newsletters;
● Help recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services;
● Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
● Attribute content that you post to forums we operate on our Services;
● Recognize the same users as they access online or mobile services using multiple browsers or devices and deliver to them appropriate interest-based content and advertising;
● Provide you with special offers, promotions and information from companies within our corporate family, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law;
● Control the display of advertising and develop and deliver advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising that you see on our Services, advertising you see on third-party websites, mobile applications and email programs, and offers and advertising you may receive offline or as push-notifications, from us or others;
● Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications;
● Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting;
● Understand whether our users read email messages and click on the links contained within those messages;
● Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law; and
● For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Social Network Posting Tools and “Share” Features:
To remove your name and postal address from lists that we sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, or to opt-out of receiving marketing offers for other The Convergence Center LLC magazines and products by mail, please use the opt-out form available here or send your request to us in a letter addressed to The Ericka James Show LLC, 7413 Six Forks Rd, Suite 110, Raleigh, NC 27615. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of The Ericka James Show’s promotional mailings, you may still receive renewal notices and related offers for any magazines to which you subscribe.
You can opt-out from any The Ericka James Show email newsletter or commercial email list and prevent the collection of related email response information by our email service providers by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message and/ or by visiting the Email Preferences page on our sites and updating your preferences. If you no longer want to receive third-party email offers that you requested through our Services, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive. If you wish to disable web beacons in our email messages, turn images “off” in your email client (e.g., Outlook or Outlook Express). Please refer to the settings or options menu in your email client for more information.
The Convergence Center LLC follows the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral advertising released by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) in July 2009. To opt-out of our use of your website viewing data to serve interest-based advertising on third-party websites and email newsletters, visit the DAA’s Consumer Choice Page. Use the same links to opt-out of the delivery of interest-based advertising on our web sites from the operators of the third-party ad networks we use. Note that you must opt-out separately from each computer or device and browser that you use to access our Services and if you clear your cookies, you will need to repeat the opt-out process. You may opt-out of any of our lists or services at anytime by responding to the email you received or emailing us to request to opt-out of all lists at email@example.com.
Most of the third-party advertising and data companies we work with, including DoubleClick and Google also subscribe to the DAA Principles and/or are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the information collection practices of NAI members and your related opt-out choices, please visit the NAI’s website. You can opt out of interest-based advertising from Google by visiting the About Google Ads page or permanently opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by installing the DoubleClick opt out extension. For information about Google Analytics’ information practices and related opt-out choices, click here.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information:
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personally-identifying information that we collect. No security system is impenetrable, however. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Please see our Terms of Service Agreement for more information related to posting materials on our Services including our use of such materials.
Your California Privacy Rights:
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We do not send your data to any third-party providers.